Installing OpenSim on Linux

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Hamidreza Abbaspourazad

Installing OpenSim on Linux

Post by Hamidreza Abbaspourazad » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:29 am

I would like to run OpenSim CMC analysis on a remote compute with Linux (CentOS Linux release 7.7.1908). Could someone please assist me with how should I install the OpenSim core? I do not need GUI as I will eventually run:

Code: Select all

opensim-cmd run-tool CMC_setup.xml
I have looked at this great page https://github.com/opensim-org/opensim- ... ent-ubuntu, but not sure if I can do this for a remote node. Basically, what are the steps to install OpenSim core on a linux device so that I can run the above mentioned code?
Thank you

Tags:

Dimitar Stanev

Re: Installing OpenSim on Linux

Post by Dimitar Stanev » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:23 am

Hi,

You should follow the instruction for Ubuntu and try to adapt the commands for CentOS.

1. Install OpenSim dependencies (e.g., cmake-gui g++-4.9 doxygen git swig openjdk-7-jdk python-dev)
2. Install Simbody dependencies (e.g., cmake liblapack-dev freeglut3-dev libxi-dev libxmu-dev)
3. Configure, generate, build and install dependencies (Simbody, btk, ...) with superbuild (this is the easiest way) through cmake-gui
4. Configure, generate, build and install OpenSim libraries through cmake-gui