RRA fails without any error communicate

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Michał Wołek

RRA fails without any error communicate

Post by Michał Wołek » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:03 am

Hello again

I have few c3d files with various gaits and runs from which I extracted markers and force data. Each file was recorded by the same person with the same equipment. Each of files work well, I've been able to succesfully calculate muscle and joint forces.

Except for one file, that seems to have the force file broken. During RRA after 1st frame the model suddenly disapears from visualizer windor, while calculations continue without any error message. At the end, average residuals reported are equal to optimal force for pelvis residual actuators times 10'000.

I noticed that it's the only file with some NAN values at the end of force data (pic included).
Also it's the only file where there were huge noises during the time where force plate remained untouched (also pic included)

I tried to delete these NAN rows, but when I save the modified .mot file, it becomes unreadable by opensim (i get this error: "expected = double received = double")

How can I modify .mot or .sto files manually so that they remain readable by opensim?
Attachments
test_data_markers.rar
(313.83 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
Screenshot_7.png
Screenshot_7.png (13.7 KiB) Viewed 654 times
Screenshot_10.png
Screenshot_10.png (43.15 KiB) Viewed 654 times

jimmy d

Re: RRA fails without any error communicate

Post by jimmy d » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:40 am

The issue with Excel is that it wants to change the line endings, which are incompatible with OpenSim. You should try editing the file in a text based editor (Notepad++, Atom, Sublime text) since they tend to keep the line endings the same.

Michał Wołek

Re: RRA fails without any error communicate

Post by Michał Wołek » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:43 am

ok, it works, thank you :)