CMC is not running in GUI

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Ankit Verma

CMC is not running in GUI

Post by Ankit Verma » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:28 pm

Hello All
I was trying to run the CMC tool on hand model to calculate the metabolic cost and muscle forces. I dont want to apply any external forces and I am not providing any residual actuator file (is it necessary ??) but optimisation process is not getting started at even t=0, I have attached the all the required files. Please tell me where i am doing wrong.
wrist_metabolic.osim
modelfil
(492.01 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
IMRL.mot
motion file
(15.75 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
gait2392_CMC_Tasks.xml
This is the tracking task file
(32.92 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
Capture.JPG
this is where it getting struck in message file
Capture.JPG (45.89 KiB) Viewed 377 times

Tags:

Ayman Habib

Re: CMC is not running in GUI

Post by Ayman Habib » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:22 pm

Hello,

While we should give a descriptive error message rather than just hang, I still think you should provide residual actuators file since it's very possible that the muscles can't produce the motion on their own.

Not sure how/why you picked this model specifically but creating models that are dynamics capable takes a lot of work and validation including mass properties and muscle properties so please keep that in mind and check with the model developers to see if this was taken into consideration.

Best regards,
-Ayman

Ankit Verma

Post by Ankit Verma » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:55 pm

Hi,
I have tried CMC with giving residual actuator file also, but it is getting struck at the same time (optimisation is not getting started).

Note: No error message is coming, just getting struck same as earlier.

Is there any dynamically capable model available of hand including all fingers in which i can perform the CMC for cylindrical gripping case.

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (45.89 KiB) Viewed 282 times
Reserve_Actuators.xml
(12.42 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
Best Regards
Ankit

Ayman Habib

Post by Ayman Habib » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:36 pm

Hi Ankit,

The model you attached has no mass properties, as such it can't be used for dynamic simulation. Making a model dynamics capable is a non-trivial task, so I'd suggest you start a separate thread asking users on the forum for dynamics capable wrist models to start from.

Best of luck,
-Ayman