OpenSim-Simulink interfacing possibility

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Ratna Sambhav

OpenSim-Simulink interfacing possibility

Post by Ratna Sambhav » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:50 am

Hello,
I am working on interfacing OpenSim with matlab. Currently, I am able to do my work in matlab using scripts in which I import the Opensim library and the required model.
But I want to shift the whole thing on Simulink, so that I may be able to interface SimMechanics too.
Is there any possibility to do that using OpenSim 4.0 and MATLAB 2018a or 2015a?
I have seen the project "Extendable OpenSim-Matlab Infrastructure Using Class Oriented C++ Mex Interface" but later knew that, it is compatible for previous versions of OpenSim only and that some functionalities needs to be written manually, to use it with OpenSim 4.0.
Can you suggest if there is any chance I can use OpenSim using MEX files in Simulink or should I continue using scripting only?

Regards,
Ratna Sambhav

Tags:

Ayman Habib

Re: OpenSim-Simulink interfacing possibility

Post by Ayman Habib » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:37 pm

Hi Ratna,

There has been multiple efforts to integrate OpenSim with Simulink but I'm not sure any of them is maintained and kept up to date with OpenSim so I'd suggest you stay with scripts at the moment, as we maintain this pathway in our code base/tests.

Hope this helps,
-Ayman