1 grand force reaction division between 2 legs

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Yunus Rezvanifar

1 grand force reaction division between 2 legs

Post by Yunus Rezvanifar » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:13 am

Hey everybody

Standing with both legs on a force plate gives you a single ground force reaction some where between two soles.
How can I divide this single force to the both legs of my model?
thanks.

Tags:

Thomas Uchida

Re: 1 grand force reaction division between 2 legs

Post by Thomas Uchida » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:02 pm

The problem is impossible to solve without more information (it's analogous to asking for any two integers that sum to 10). Depending on your research question, you could try assuming that the GRF is evenly split between the two legs if the COP is midway between the feet, 100% applied to a single leg if the COP is below that foot, and linearly interpolate elsewhere. However, you would need to consider this large amount of modelling uncertainty when interpreting your results.

Yunus Rezvanifar

Re: 1 grand force reaction division between 2 legs

Post by Yunus Rezvanifar » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:39 am

tkuchida wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:02 pm
The problem is impossible to solve without more information (it's analogous to asking for any two integers that sum to 10). Depending on your research question, you could try assuming that the GRF is evenly split between the two legs if the COP is midway between the feet, 100% applied to a single leg if the COP is below that foot, and linearly interpolate elsewhere. However, you would need to consider this large amount of modelling uncertainty when interpreting your results.

I do have the .trc file of the subject and a single force plate force
is there a way to exert this single force to both legs properly?