Microgravity experiment

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Tuhin Sengupta

Microgravity experiment

Post by Tuhin Sengupta » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:20 pm

I am new to OpenSim. I have two doubts-
1) How to change the thickness of bone which is a similar case to osteoporosis.
2) How to change the gravitational settings in OpenSim. Changing it to 0m/s for microgravity simulation.
Regards

jimmy d

Re: Microgravity experiment

Post by jimmy d » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:53 am

Hi, Tuhin-
There is no concept of bone thickness in OpenSim. The bones you see on screen are for display and guidance only. Often, people will perform an OpenSim simulation to get joint contact and muscles forces then import those to a Finite Element Analysis simulation for bone stress.
2) How to change the gravitational settings in OpenSim. Changing it to 0m/s for microgravity simulation.
Regards
Gravity is defined in the model file (.osim). You can open the model file in a text editor and change directly.

Yunus Rezvanifar

Re: Microgravity experiment

Post by Yunus Rezvanifar » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:53 am

jimmy wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:53 am
Hi, Tuhin-
There is no concept of bone thickness in OpenSim. The bones you see on screen are for display and guidance only. Often, people will perform an OpenSim simulation to get joint contact and muscles forces then import those to a Finite Element Analysis simulation for bone stress.
Regards
Gravity is defined in the model file (.osim). You can open the model file in a text editor and change directly.
Is there a 3D model of real bone which OpenSim models (e.g. femur in gait2392 / gait2354) work with?
If yes, where could it be found?

I wanna use scale it to my CT-based patient-specific bone in advance.
Thanks.