Topology view of bodies not correct?

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Bas Van Hooren

Topology view of bodies not correct?

Post by Bas Van Hooren » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:57 am

Hi,

As explained in another post, I modeled a barbell by making two bodies that I attached to each hand with a custom joint.

When I view the bodies/joints in the topology view they do not look correct as can be seen in the attached screenshot. Does anyone have any suggestions why this may occur? Or more importantly, does this reflect an error in visualization in the topology view or does it reflect an error in the implementation of the bodies that could affect the results?
Attachments
topolgy view.png
topolgy view.png (183.38 KiB) Viewed 204 times

Tags:

Ayman Habib

Re: Topology view of bodies not correct?

Post by Ayman Habib » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:12 pm

Hello,

The topology view follows the layout specified in the XML, so unlikely (though not impossible) to be a Topology view issue. It's not clear what you defined as an outboard body for the bar_bell joints you introduced. Just keep in mind that constraints are not shown in this view.

In general you should fix issues with model building/construction before doing further analysis.

Hope this helps,
-Ayman

Bas Van Hooren

Re: Topology view of bodies not correct?

Post by Bas Van Hooren » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:25 am

I just found out what caused the issue. The name I gave to the joint was the same as the name I gave to the body. When I changed this, the topology view also was correct.