Inverse Dynamics Multiple Force Plates

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Rebecca Routson

Inverse Dynamics Multiple Force Plates

Post by Rebecca Routson » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:33 am

Hi,

I need to modify my .csv file into a .mot file, which I can do for one force plate. The problem is that I have data from 4 force plates that I need to import. Does anyone know the correct labeling and format for that within the .mot file?

Also on an aside, is there anywhere that I can learn more about using C++ to control the analysis.

Thanks,
Becca

Ayman Habib

RE: Inverse Dynamics Multiple Force Plates

Post by Ayman Habib » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:18 am

Hi Rebecca,

With version 2.0.1 which is now posted, you can make arbitrary labels for the columns and then you can use the new GUI to define the external loads based on the file.

Please try it out and let me know how it goes since this is a new feature.

Regarding C++, what exactly do you want to control in your analysis? You don't need to be an expert programmer to write plugins or simple driver programs (Examples are provided with the distribution under the sdk folder).

-Ayman

Rebecca Routson

Post by Rebecca Routson » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:52 am

Ayman,

Thank you.

I now have an xml file with 3 external forces and the GUI recognizes all of them to exist. :)

However, I am having difficulty getting the simulation to run. For some reason every time I press run on the GUI for Inverse Dynamics OpenSim completely shuts down. Do you have any idea why this is? I have tried just about everything I can think of. I would be open to any suggestions.

Thanks.

Ayman Habib

Post by Ayman Habib » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:03 pm

Hi Rebecca,

Try changing the debug mode ("Edit->Preferences" and set Debug to 3). This will run OpenSim practically in "safe mode". Then instead of shutting down, hopefully you'll see a dialog with a stack-trace. Please send this over and I'll try to help you troubleshoot.

In the meantime, please report a bug (using the Help->report a bug) and attach your model, setup files and data files along with the stacktrace.

Thanks,
-Ayman

Rebecca Routson

Post by Rebecca Routson » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:54 pm

Ayman,

The only thing that I changed was the Debug to 3 and now the program executes and there are results. I am confused what you mean by stack-trace. Is this the print out in the Messages widow?

I am still going to report the bug because I have no idea why it worked this time when I didn't change anything.

Thank you for your quick response.

mahboobeh mehdikhani

Re: Inverse Dynamics Multiple Force Plates

Post by mahboobeh mehdikhani » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:32 pm

Hi Rebecca,

I have a .csv file for one force plate. How can I change it into a .mot file?

Thanks,
Sou

jimmy d

Post by jimmy d » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:54 pm

Sou,
Perhaps look at the example force .mot files and edit your file to match, then save as tab delimited file with .mot extension.

Goodluck,
-james

Deepak Jindal

Post by Deepak Jindal » Wed May 10, 2017 11:00 pm

Hello James,
I collect data using BTS motion capture system and I got .c3d file from that system and I convert the .c3d file into ASCII file using Mokka software but in ASCII file I got force in three direction ( X,Y and Z) and Center of pressure in two direction (X and Y) and moment in one direction only(Z direction only) but for .mot file I need Center of pressure and moment in each direction. So can you tell me how to get this in each direction??

Thanks in advance...
DJ