Basic Model Measurements

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Rae Dias

Basic Model Measurements

Post by Rae Dias » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:40 pm

Hi there,

I am doing a project for which I need to create a table comparing various skeletal measurements of an OpenSim model to that of a chimpanzee, to show their differences. I'm still familiarizing myself with the software, but I'm having a hard time determining how to extract these measurements from the OpenSim model (Gait2354_Simbody). I need the ischial length, the sacral breadth, and the femur length. Does anyone happen to know how to find these measurements?

Thanks so much in advance!

Rae.

Tags:

Colin Smith

Re: Basic Model Measurements

Post by Colin Smith » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:48 am

Easiest way I can think of is to use the gui to add markers to the model and adjust their placement so that are located over the boney landmarks of interest. If you attach them all to the ground body, then you can save the markerset to a file, and it will contain the x,y,z positions of each of the bony landmarks in the ground reference frame.

https://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu/d ... ker+Editor

You could automate the distance calculation between the landmarks a step further by using the MATLAB/Python scripting APIs to access the marker locations in the model.