Which analysis can I do on the software with force and EMG data from my experiment? How can I input these files?

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Jessica Fonseca

Which analysis can I do on the software with force and EMG data from my experiment? How can I input these files?

Post by Jessica Fonseca » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:26 am

Hello everyone,

I'm a new learner of the Opensim software.
I have EMG and force data from my experiment and I would like to use the Forward Dynamics Tool with them to make a simulation.

However, I don't know how to configure the input files and what steps I should take next.

My data are from the rotator cuff and shoulder girdle muscles in twelve different external shoulder rotation exercises, six with the scapula in the anatomical position and the same six exercises with the scapular in the retraction position.

I have already read the ''preparing your data'' topic but I could not understand exactly what to do.

Also, I would like some opinions about which analysis I can make with this data on the software.

I would appreciate very much if anyone could help me out. Thank you a lot!!

Tags:

Jianlin Zheng

Re: Which analysis can I do on the software with force and EMG data from my experiment? How can I input these files?

Post by Jianlin Zheng » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:48 am

Hello, Jessica.

I also encountered this problem.

Some time ago, I also raised the same questions on this forum. After that, I shared my research process and results. You can refer to the link below, I hope it will be helpful to you
viewtopicPhpbb.php?f=91&t=12181&p=34720&start=0&view=

However, I don't know how the Opensim Project named "EMG-informed Computed Muscle Control" work, in other work, I wasn't sure that it's absolutely correct because I don't know how the excitation file named desired excitations.sto and tracking task.xml file named emg task.xml work.
viewtopicPhpbb.php?f=91&t=4588&p=15855&start=0&view=
I was in trouble like them.

If you have any other ideas, please be sure to introduce your work below this post.

Hope this help
Best wishes
Jianlin