About .vtp files

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Donald Ivan

About .vtp files

Post by Donald Ivan » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:54 pm

Hi,

I need to know the dimension of body segment ,so how to open geometry file(.vtp),which software should i use?

Thanks,
Donald

Tags:

axel axel

Re: About .vtp files

Post by axel axel » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:32 am

Hi,

I don't know how open .vtp files, but if it can help you the vtp files can be in 2 version : binary version or ASCII version.

the ASCII version you can open it and you can read the values, there are some coordinates and I don't know if it can help you to take the dimensions.

OpenSim accept vtp files in ASCII version, then you could open these and read some information.

I hope to help you in some way.
Axel

Ayman Habib

Post by Ayman Habib » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:55 am

Thanks Axel,

It is true that ASCIi vtp files can be opened in a text editor to see the vertices and normals of the mesh but that may not give you the answer you want since meshes are used for visualization only and a body/segment may contain 0 or multiple mesh files. The easiest way to do the measurement could be to add Markers interactively in the GUI to the specific segment(s) and compute the distance between them.

Hope this helps,
-Ayman

Donald Ivan

Post by Donald Ivan » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:17 pm

Thank you, all guys. It helps and works