Looking for an appropriate lower body model

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Youngmin Chun

Looking for an appropriate lower body model

Post by Youngmin Chun » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:12 pm

Hello all,

I am Youngmin Chun in the University of Idaho and I am currently working on learning how to operate OpenSim by myself.
During last several weeks, I have practiced running OpenSim so that I can be familiar with this program. However, I realized that the results of IK provides only sagittal plane angle of knee joint as the 2392 model assumes knee joint has 1 degree of freedom.
Thus, I would like to ask you which model is appropriate model which has three degree of freedom for knee joint. I already searched for several models, but I couldn't know which one is more appropriate. I plan to focus on the coupling of subtalar joint and tibia rotation angles in further research, so I'd like to get the model that provides three degree of freedom for knee joint and the subtalar joint angle at the same time.
I have another question regarding joint contact force and shear force. If I want to get these results, should I operate RRA, CMC, and SO?
Thank you.

Tags:

Axel Koussou

Re: Looking for an appropriate lower body model

Post by Axel Koussou » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:52 am

Hi Youngmin Chun,

Sorry for reopening this topic, but I'm also looking for this kind of model.
Have you finally suceed to find a model with 3 DOF for knee joint and the subtalar joint.

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Mohammadreza Rezaie

Re: Looking for an appropriate lower body model

Post by Mohammadreza Rezaie » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:33 pm

Hi,

Regarding the DoF, you can add more coordinates to the knee and ankle by editing the model in a text editor.

Check the model in this workshop:
https://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu/d ... orial+2015

Best,
Mohammadreza