How to apply an external load on the head

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Yu Zhou

How to apply an external load on the head

Post by Yu Zhou » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:53 pm

Hello,

I am trying to use the latest Musculoskeletal Model of Head and Neck to simulate a head flexion exertion task in an neutral head-neck posture.

However, I am having issues applying an external load collected from a load cell to the forehead. I don't know how to specify the load directions and the location that the load applied on the forehead. From the website, the tutorial is based on a gait model and therefore the external forces is the ground reaction force which is different from mine and also the .xml or .mot files are all based on the ground reaction force collected from the force plate.

Can somebody please tell me where I can edit the external force, (the direction, the location)?

Thanks

Tags:

Aravind Sundararajan

Re: How to apply an external load on the head

Post by Aravind Sundararajan » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:23 am

look at the external loads .XML for 1018 model, this is 'subject01_walk_grf.xml'

Karin Lundengard

Re: How to apply an external load on the head

Post by Karin Lundengard » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:27 pm

I have the same problem, but I want to add a resistance when the head tilts back. I have looked in the tutorial and the files, but I still don't understand how to add that new element to the model. Is there anywhere where you can see how to do that without a pre-existing file?