Blank Visualizer Window

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Ibraheem Al-Dhamari

Re: Blank Visualizer Window

Post by Ibraheem Al-Dhamari » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:54 am

Today I was testing a model in windows (opensim built froms ource). The visualizer works when I start opensim and open models. I got a black screen when I load a large model(around two thousand markers). I think this is probably a memory problem but I am not sure so I added more memory but it is stll black screen. The same model works without problem in Linux.

Tags:

Ibraheem Al-Dhamari

Post by Ibraheem Al-Dhamari » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:24 am

Update: I removed many markers from the model and the model appears in the visualizer so it seems the visualizer in windows can not handle too many elements. It would be nice if someone help to solve this e.g. probably there is some opensim visualizer or threejs setting to change.

Pagnon David

Post by Pagnon David » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:51 pm

Hi everyone,
I uninstalled, rebooted, redownloaded, reinstalled, I checked the log file again, tried a bunch of stuff, and I'm not sure what could go wrong.
I did solve one warning of the log file: "Could not open/create prefs root node Software\JavaSoft\Prefs", but it didn't seem like anything changed.
It's quite annoying, especially since I can't get very easily to my usual computer because of the pandemic.

- Does anyone have an idea, or see anything wrong with the log file?
- Can we build Opensim 4.1 from source? (I need it rather than Opensim 4.0, and all my models only run under Opensim 4 and above)

Thank you again!

Pagnon David

Post by Pagnon David » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:14 am

idhamari wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:24 am
Update: I removed many markers from the model and the model appears in the visualizer so it seems the visualizer in windows can not handle too many elements. It would be nice if someone help to solve this e.g. probably there is some opensim visualizer or threejs setting to change.
I'm sorry I had not seen your message! However I'm not sure we're facing the same issue, my visualizer is black from the very beginning, even before I try to import a model.

I feel like it's more of a graphic gard configuration issue or a j browser one.

Pagnon David

Post by Pagnon David » Fri May 28, 2021 4:06 am

I finally got it working! (after having given up for a few months...)

For anyone concerned with he same issue:
- right click on the shortcut, go to "properties"
- go to the tab "compatibility", tick the checkbox "run this program in compatibility mode for:"
- choose "Windows Vista"
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (29.08 KiB) Viewed 234 times