Define a controller to track the kinematics during Forward Dynamics with altered model

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Morteza Khosrotabar

Define a controller to track the kinematics during Forward Dynamics with altered model

Post by Morteza Khosrotabar » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:32 am

Hi everyone,

I used the CMC tool to get the excitations of muscles, residuals and reserve actuators of my model during a gait cycle.
I saw in one of the posts here in the forum that someone had used the CorrectionController to run the FD without strange behaviors so I implement the CorrectionController in my FD_setup while I don't know how it works! If anyone knows how it works, I would thank you if you tell me about it.

Now I want to alter my model (Rajagopal2015) for example change the soleus maximum isometric force and run the Forward Dynamics with the previous CMC_Controls. and its important for me to generate the same Kinematics as non-altered model.

Is it possible to use a Controller to track the same Kinematics and add extra coordinate actuators in joints to compensate for the muscles' limits (weakness) whenever needed?
If its a good solution how can I do that?
if its not a proper solution. what should I do?

thank you very much for your ideas and suggestions
Morteza,

Carmichael Ong

Re: Define a controller to track the kinematics during Forward Dynamics with altered model

Post by Carmichael Ong » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:11 pm

Since you want the kinematics to stay the same, you could re-run CMC with the weakened model. This would solve much faster than creating a forward dynamics controller.