Procedure entry point error for osimSimulation.dll

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Delyle Polet

Procedure entry point error for osimSimulation.dll

Post by Delyle Polet » Mon May 03, 2021 10:38 am

I'm trying to run the examples for the C++ API.

I am able to build the examples without error. With the minimum example (ExampleMain, `tugPfWar_model.osim`), the executable runs without error.

However, with the other examples I've tried so far (SimpleOptimizationExample, and OptimizationExample_Arm26), I can build without error, but trying to run the executable results in the error "The procedure entry point XXXX could not be located in the dynamic link library osimSimulation.dll" (where XXXX is variable).

Any help here is appreciated

Windows 7 64 bit, Visual Studio 2017, OpenSim 4.2

Tags:

Ayman Habib

Re: Procedure entry point error for osimSimulation.dll

Post by Ayman Habib » Mon May 03, 2021 11:07 am

Hello,

Procedure entry point error is an indication of the code building against one API but run with a different version of the API (from different dlls). I suggest you make sure you use exactly one version of the OpenSim API for building your code and also on the PATH to be loaded at runtime.

For example, if there's a new function introduced in 4.2 and you build against 4.2, then at runtime version 4.1 dlls are loaded then the method will not be found and you will get the error described.

Hope this helps,
-Ayman

Delyle Polet

Re: Procedure entry point error for osimSimulation.dll

Post by Delyle Polet » Mon May 03, 2021 12:11 pm

Thanks Ayman, it turned out I had removed one instance of a previous OpenSim version from my path, but there was another one hiding! Thanks again.

Delyle