create calibration algorithm in opensense

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
huihui wang

create calibration algorithm in opensense

Post by huihui wang » Wed May 12, 2021 4:54 am

Hi,
I am using OpenSim4.2 to some stair ascend and descend simulation. I collected IMU data by Xsens and used the colibration algorithm in the example,but the orientation of pelvis is invariable. Can I make the model move like stair ascend and descend( the pelvis can move, the model don't rotate about a single place) by creating my own methods of calibration by developing my own algorithms ? If I can, How do I create my own methods of calibration by developing my own algorithms?
Thank you best,
huihui wang

Tags:

Aaron Fox

Re: create calibration algorithm in opensense

Post by Aaron Fox » Wed May 12, 2021 6:34 pm

Hi Huihui,

I think even with a different calibration it would be difficult to track linear motion of the pelvis with inertial sensors given they measure accelerations and angular velocities. I suppose you could consider trying to approximate linear motion based on accelerations but I'm not sure how successful that would be.

To avoid the model rotating about the pelvis you could lock some of those relevant coordinates, and then try and approximate the translations of the pelvis using some method (maybe?). I'd probably try and do this post OpenSense processing using your own methods and then apply the pelvis motions you've calculated to your OpenSense result.

Aaron