Joint Constraint

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Quinten Humphrey

Joint Constraint

Post by Quinten Humphrey » Tue May 18, 2021 2:30 pm

Hello, I am wondering what I am missing if the joints in my model won't rotate properly. For example, when I rotate the humerus around the shoulder joint, it doesn't stay in the socket and rotates around the whole model.

Tags:

Ayman Habib

Re: Joint Constraint

Post by Ayman Habib » Wed May 19, 2021 12:45 pm

Hello,

You need to understand the various joint types, how coordinates are defined etc. I'd advise you to start from an existing model and modify it to fit your need, if necessary, rather than starting from scratch. Model building is a non-trivial task and you're better of building on other people's work. That said, you can see the available joint types here
https://simtk.org/api_docs/opensim/api_ ... Joint.html
Find out what joint type works for you and if a modification is needed.

Best regards,
-Ayman

Quinten Humphrey

Re: Joint Constraint

Post by Quinten Humphrey » Wed May 19, 2021 3:27 pm

aymanh wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 12:45 pm
Hello,

You need to understand the various joint types, how coordinates are defined etc. I'd advise you to start from an existing model and modify it to fit your need, if necessary, rather than starting from scratch. Model building is a non-trivial task and you're better of building on other people's work. That said, you can see the available joint types here
https://simtk.org/api_docs/opensim/api_ ... Joint.html
Find out what joint type works for you and if a modification is needed.

Best regards,
-Ayman
The last model I used consisted of multiple models and contained some constraint errors. I had to remove all the restraints in order for the model to load without any sort of error. After I completed that, some bones were not connected at their proper joints.

Thank you.