The problem of Motion (.mot) Files in RRA

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
hu zhao

The problem of Motion (.mot) Files in RRA

Post by hu zhao » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:35 am

Hello
I am building a gait model,but when I executed RRA, the model was shift and swing. I check the files of RRA and find my ground.mot is no the ground_force_px\py\pz,i use the AMTI force plant which only provide Fx Fy Fz and Mx Mz My,so What should I do? i see some paper build the gait successful also by AMTI force plant,any help would be appreciated!
Thank you for your time
HU :D

Tags:

Ayman Habib

Re: The problem of Motion (.mot) Files in RRA

Post by Ayman Habib » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:39 am

Hello,

Since we can't make up center of pressure data, you should go back to your motion capture system, find out where this data is stored and make sure it finds its way to the OpenSim input files. I'd suggest you start a separate thread that refers to getting data from AMTI force plates so you may get response from users who have experience with these specific force plates since the issue is not in fact related to .mot files in RRA.

The documentation page below is a good place to start
https://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu/d ... +Your+Data

Best regards,
-Ayman

Mohammadreza Rezaie

Re: The problem of Motion (.mot) Files in RRA

Post by Mohammadreza Rezaie » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:41 pm

Hi,

The center of pressure (COP) must be calculated based on the type of your force plate. You can do it manually based on the equations, but I suggest extract the data in C3D format and use OpenSim C3DFileAdapter, BTK or EZC3D. These packages calculate the COP data automatically in the most convenient way.

Best,
Mohammadreza