Properties Window - Multiple Markers Simultaneously

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Olivier Desclaux

Properties Window - Multiple Markers Simultaneously

Post by Olivier Desclaux » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:02 am

Hello everyone,

I am quite new to OpenSim, so I hope I am not asking a dummy question. I scrapped the user guide and the forum, but didn't find the answer to my question:

In the properties window, is it possible to view the properties of different objects simultaneously?
For example, I am creating a custom marker set, and I wish to compare the coordinates of two different markers. It would be great to see their properties side by side.

Thanks,

Olivier

Tags:

Carmichael Ong

Re: Properties Window - Multiple Markers Simultaneously

Post by Carmichael Ong » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:14 pm

I'm not aware of a way to do that, but perhaps one way to look at these is to peek into the model (or xml) file that contains the markers. You can open the .osim or .xml file in a plain text editor (often Notepad++ is recommended) and then find the MarkerSet and see the locations of all of them together.

Olivier Desclaux

Post by Olivier Desclaux » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:47 am

Hi Carmichael,

Thank you for your answer,

Olivier

Ayman Habib

Post by Ayman Habib » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:03 am

Hello,

You could also view the xml representation of any object in the model from the scripting shell using the command

Code: Select all

getCurrentModel().findComponent('componentNameHere').dump()
though this flattens the xml representation into a single line that may end up too long.

Hope this helps,
-Ayman