API Installation problem during RUN_TESTS_PARALLEL

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Rahid Zaman

API Installation problem during RUN_TESTS_PARALLEL

Post by Rahid Zaman » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:37 pm

Hello,

I am trying to install OpenSim API. In the "Build and Install" step, when I tried to build "RUN_TESTS_PARALLEL", I am getting the following error.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (22.22 KiB) Viewed 182 times
"ALL_BUILD" and "INSTALL" are not showing any error.

I installed OpenSim API before in another computer. It is not supposed to ask about the OpenSim bin path at this step. But, still I set the OpenSim bin path in environment variables. That did not solve the problem. There is no other OpenSim directory in the environment variables.

Can anybody help me to find out the possible reasons and how to troubleshoot this problem?

Tags:

Ayman Habib

Re: API Installation problem during RUN_TESTS_PARALLEL

Post by Ayman Habib » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:41 am

Hello,

Building/installation by itself does not invoke any code, it just copies files/libraries/executables to target folders, as such these steps can not result in loading errors. Testing however involves executing code and so may result in errors similar to the one you reported.

You need to understand how the libraries are loaded in your environment and why. The error you report occurs while loading the java bindings during testing. If not using the Java bindings then you should check that off in cmake and you shouldn't see this error. If you do need the java bindings you need to make sure ALL the dlls you need are on your path including opensim and all its dependencies (simbody, ezc3d, etc.) . There're tools that enable you to check for dependencies and missing entry points etc. in dlls but let's see if you need to go there first.

Hope this helps,
-Ayman