OpenSim Calibration

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Connor Chappell

OpenSim Calibration

Post by Connor Chappell » Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:40 am

Hello there,
I have stumbled across your software while doing research for my capstone project. We are trying to use two IMU sensors to do position tracking. These IMU sensors contain a gyroscope, accelerometer and magnometer. We are running in to many issues getting to acceleration, due to the inaccuracies of the sensors, and things like velocity drift during our double integration of acceleration. I was just wondering, what is being performed in the code for sensor calibration? I watched this youtube video of yours (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cg7VGpuxHU), and it seems like there are two points of calibration.
1. While the LED is pulsing, the IMUs are being calibrated as they are sitting on the desk
2. Just before starting to perform movement, the button is clicked, and the initial standing pose is calibrated

We are looking to do a very simplified version of this product for our capstone project, and any help you could provide is greatly appreciated!
It would help if you could point me to where in the code the calibration takes place, or what is being calibrated in those two calibration times. Thanks,

Connor

Tags: