Scale Tool with Python API

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Félix Lefebvre

Scale Tool with Python API

Post by Félix Lefebvre » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:21 am

Hi,

I am using the Scale Tool in Python API. Is it possible to run it on the model that is loaded and active in the code but not necessarily saved ?

In fact, I would like to run the scale tool on a model where certain coordinates are set in the code.

For now, the only way I found to do it is to set those values as the default values and set defaultLocked to True, then saving the model to be able to use it within the Scale Tool.

Ideally, I would like to be able to set those values on the model called it the code and run the scale tool on the model at its current state, but it seems impossible.

Is there a way to do so ?

This also applies to the Inverse Kinematics Tool.

The question is indeed:
Is it possible to run the Scale or IK Tool without calling a model file, but using a model loaded in the code already ?

If no, this means if changes have been applied to the model in the code, it needs to be saved to file before it can be used with these tools. But this also means it is impossible to Run Scaling or IK in a particular model state that would not be the default state. But initial conditions can actually change the results.

Thank you,
Felix Lefebvre

Tags:

Félix Lefebvre

Re: Scale Tool with Python API

Post by Félix Lefebvre » Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:10 am

Hi,

Any help or just a confirmation that it is not possible would be appreciated.

For now, I will write the coordinates as default values then lock them and save this to a new osim file before calling this file with the Tool. But this could be taking some time in my code if repeated in a loop.

Thank you,
Felix