Muscle Analysis Force Vs Tendon Force

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Priyanshu Agarwal

Muscle Analysis Force Vs Tendon Force

Post by Priyanshu Agarwal » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:39 am

Hi Ayman,

While performing the inverse dynamics analysis I obtained one of the results file as "Modelname_Muscle_Analysis_Force.sto". When I plotted the data against time, I obtained very high values which seems to be no way the muscle forces. What data does this file contain?

Also, while plotting the results after the analysis from within OpenSim (without loading any .sto file) the tendon force came out to be totally different from the above mentioned muscle force. Should tendon force and total muscle force match? Could you please share any reference which contains the details about the formulation of the muscles used in OpenSim.

Furthermore, the above mentioned tendon forces didn't change even when the external forces acting in the model changes considerably as is visible in the form of considerable reduction of a joint moment. Is there any other file to be loaded before new results can be plotted?

Priyanshu Agarwal

RE: Muscle Analysis Force Vs Tendon Force

Post by Priyanshu Agarwal » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:48 am

Bounce!

Please help!!