muscle editing deselects points

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
John Hutchinson

muscle editing deselects points

Post by John Hutchinson » Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:05 am

Hi, I've been using OpenSim 4.4 to edit muscle paths, which was going fine but now suddenly in all models when I select (in GeometryPath) and move a point in the GUI, it immediately deselects it after moving, which it was not doing before (selection of path points persisted). I've reinstalled + rebooted; same problem still.

Tags:

Carmichael Ong

Re: muscle editing deselects points

Post by Carmichael Ong » Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:58 am

Thanks for reporting. I'm also seeing this in the OpenSim 4.4 GUI. Specifically, this seems to be occurring for me for muscles with wrapping but not for muscles with no wrap objects. Is this consistent with what you're seeing too?

John Hutchinson

Post by John Hutchinson » Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:38 pm

Ahh, interesting, yes that is the case for me too; wrapping is the root cause, it appears.

John Hutchinson

Post by John Hutchinson » Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:44 pm

And same problem w/wrapping now in 4.3, oddly enough, although it seems much more tolerant of allowing you to re-select muscle points in the visualizer window after they get deselected (4.4 always seems to want to select surrounding bodies not muscle pts, in my experience lately).

Carmichael Ong

Post by Carmichael Ong » Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:32 am

Thanks for checking that and helping us isolate the issue, it's super helpful for debugging on our end.

One workaround that is working for me is that after moving the muscle point (and then the GUI deselects it), I can at least get back to it by checking a different path point, and then checking the box of the original path point that I want to work with. Definitely not ideal but hopefully can save a little time.