Model Marker Position

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Alexandra Dunning

Model Marker Position

Post by Alexandra Dunning » Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:12 pm

Hey does anybody how to get the model marker positions? I don't want the angle, but rather the coordinates (e.g. x,y,z) of particular markers of interest. I have seen it may be possible in the "Tools," "Analyze," "Analyses," "Point Kinematics," "Add," "Point Kinematics," and then click and edit, then some process from here which I am unsure of?
Thanks for your help.

Nicos Haralabidis

Re: Model Marker Position

Post by Nicos Haralabidis » Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:09 am

Hello Alexandra,

After reaching the 'edit' stage you need to specify the body/frame for which the marker is expressed to locally - the body_name tag. Then you need to specify in which body/frame you want this marker to be expressed, assuming the ground, - relative_to_body_name tag. The point_name tag is for specifying the name of the point (set as you desire). The point tag in the GUI should have a plus (+) icon next to it, click that and you can specify the local coordinates for the marker you are interested in (they should be 0,0,0 to begin with).

Hope that helps!

Nicos

Alexandra Dunning

Re: Model Marker Position

Post by Alexandra Dunning » Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:54 pm

Hi Nicos,

That is very helpful thankyou!

Cheers,
Ali