Elastic Foundation h value adjustment?

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Brandon Fugger

Elastic Foundation h value adjustment?

Post by Brandon Fugger » Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:20 pm

Hi everyone, I have some EF contacts built into my model and I am wondering if anyone can help clarify if there are any methods to alter the thickness (h) of the elastic foundation force calc. My understanding, when looking at the previously published paper by uchida outlining this contact, is that the current opensim EF contact model does incorporate h into the calculation.

So, how can i define said thickness during my contact? Can my mesh have a thickness that is read by opensim? If no to the previous questions, what is the default h value utlilized by the model?

Thank you!
Brandon

Tags:

Nicholas Bianco

Re: Elastic Foundation h value adjustment?

Post by Nicholas Bianco » Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:57 pm

Hi Brandon,

By thickness, do you mean the geometry of the contact element? ElasticFoundationForce objects manage a list of ContactGeometry elements which let you set the shape and size of each element. I'm not recently familiar with how the force calculation for this class is performed though, so I might be misunderstanding what you need.

Best,
Nick