cannot complete developer's guide tutorial

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Andres Hernández

cannot complete developer's guide tutorial

Post by Andres Hernández » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:28 am

I can generate the osim model but whe i load it at Opensim GUI, cannot appear anithing.

What i'm doing wrong?

thnx

Ayman Habib

RE: cannot complete developer's guide tutorial

Post by Ayman Habib » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:45 am

Andres,

If the geometry files needed to visualize the model are not in the same folder as the .osim file generated by the program and are not on your Preferences->GeometryPath then you'll see nothing in the 3D view (even though the navigator would show a reasonable model structure). Please make sure whatever .vtp and .obj files needed are in the same folder as the generated osim file from your program.

Please let me know if that doesn't resolve the problem.

Cheers,
-Ayman

Andres Hernández

Post by Andres Hernández » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:18 pm

Thank you a lot, it was the problem

Nashwa Elaraby

Post by Nashwa Elaraby » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:19 am

Hi,

I have successfully completed the examples on the Developers' guide up to tugOfWar6_AddContact. I am having a problem with building the tugOfWar7_AddPrescribedForce.exe file when running the solution file on Visual C++. I get the following message: "There were build errors. Would you like to continue and run the last successful build?"

The output from build is as follows:

1>..\Application Programming Interface\TugOfWar7_AddPrescribedForce.cpp(187) : error C2664: 'OpenSim::PrescribedForce::PrescribedForce(OpenSim::Body *)' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'OpenSim::Body' to 'OpenSim::Body *'
1> No user-defined-conversion operator available that can perform this conversion, or the operator cannot be called
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\user\Desktop\Developers Guide\7. Add Prescribed Force\Build\TugOfWar7_AddPrescribedForce.dir\RelWithDebInfo\BuildLog.htm"
1>Example Main - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 2 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Thank you,

Ayman Habib

Post by Ayman Habib » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:05 am

Hi,

It sounds like the version of the code you're using is not consistent with the headers/prototype. The constructor for PrescribedForce expects a pointer to an OpenSim:::Body while the code tries to pass in an OpenSim::Body.

You should change the line accordingly (e.g.
new PrescribedForce(block); where block is a pointer to OpenSim::Body or use &block if block is of type OpenSim::Body.

Hope this helps,
-Ayman

Nashwa Elaraby

Post by Nashwa Elaraby » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:23 am

Thank you very much. This was the problem I had!

Thanks,
Nashwa