Inverse Kinematics data processing (center of mass, momentum, kinetic energy, whole-body inertia)

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Michael Raitor

Inverse Kinematics data processing (center of mass, momentum, kinetic energy, whole-body inertia)

Post by Michael Raitor » Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:27 am

Hello,

I've been working on manipulating inverse kinematics data to calculate center of mass position/veloctiy, angular momentum, kinetic energy, and whole-body inertia. it took a bit more coding than expected due to my model using locked joints when I ran IK, so I wanted to post the code here incase it is helpful for anyone else.

Thanks to Nick Bianco for finding the core issue/addressing it in the attached code.
exportSignalsFromIK.zip
(2.91 KiB) Downloaded 28 times

Tags:

Mohammadreza Rezaie

Re: Inverse Kinematics data processing (center of mass, momentum, kinetic energy, whole-body inertia)

Post by Mohammadreza Rezaie » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:36 pm

Hi Michael,

I was working on a similar thing and it is of great help, thanks for sharing.

One question: I applied coordinate's value and speed using OpenSim::Coordinate::setValue and OpenSim::Coordinate::setSpeedValue followed by realizeVelocity(). Do you think the methods are similar?

Thank you - Mohammadreza