trouble with scaling

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Hojin Song

trouble with scaling

Post by Hojin Song » Tue May 16, 2023 3:30 am

Hi OpenSim experts!

I was trying to scale the model using marker trajectory data but the resulting pose of the model is quite different to the experiment video. May I have any advice on how to properly scale the model? I followed through the opensim scaling guide but it was not successful :cry: The foot markers are placed far below the foot segment (left figure) and the markers placed along the tibia is went off on the right figure (I believe markers placed right on the front tibia and tibial tubercle needs to be close to the tibia bone as it has thin skin layers but please correct me if I was wrong).
save.PNG
save.PNG (124.14 KiB) Viewed 302 times

Carmichael Ong

Re: trouble with scaling

Post by Carmichael Ong » Wed May 17, 2023 11:17 am

Please see the Scaling documentation page and the Webinar on Tips and Tricks for scaling and other processing steps.

Dina Sezavar Naderi

Re: trouble with scaling

Post by Dina Sezavar Naderi » Wed May 17, 2023 12:45 pm

Hi,
try to check the position of each marker on the Opensim model from different views. Sometimes we think that we have it placed correctly but from other views they are not correctly positioned.