overestimated joint contact loads using JRA

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Zakia Hussain

overestimated joint contact loads using JRA

Post by Zakia Hussain » Fri May 26, 2023 9:19 pm

Hi everyone

I intend to estimate knee joint contact loads using the Muscle forces estimated through CEINMS toolbox. The muscles forces estimated are similar to ones reported in literature for STS transfer.

Also, since, JRA is highly sensitive to inputs, I validated my IK & ID results with the literature. The errors for scaling and IK were within the recommended limits as suggested in Opensim best practices.

I was initially using a modified version of 2354 model with 6 D0F in knee joint. However, switched to Rajagopal model since its more suitable for muscle-driven simulations and also has more muscles in lower extremity. I disabled the torque actuators of upper body when doing JRA since it showed not enough actuators message earlier.

The results from JRA tool (in child frame as well as ground ) show overestimated loads as compared to in vivo data which is under 3 times the Body Weight for both models.

The results from Rajagopal model are
image.png
image.png (77.25 KiB) Viewed 234 times

Are there any suggestions/recommendations which I need to consider to solve this problem.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you

Best regards
Zakia

Tags:

Zakia Hussain

Re: overestimated joint contact loads using JRA

Post by Zakia Hussain » Fri May 26, 2023 9:24 pm

I also observed disabling the vastus group significantly reduced the joint loads. However, the muscle forces for vastus group are similar to that reported in literature for STS and are not extremely high.