CMC optimization Failed

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Abdulbaset Benwali

CMC optimization Failed

Post by Abdulbaset Benwali » Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:49 pm

Hello Dear,
Would you please let me know if there way to resolve this issue of running the CMC and receiving this message below as the attached.
Thank you so much in advance for your help
Attachments
CMC.pptx
(57.09 KiB) Downloaded 19 times

Tags:

Edward Syrett

Re: CMC optimization Failed

Post by Edward Syrett » Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:33 am

The output you displayed gives a few possible reasons, but it seems that the optimizer is not able to find a solution for the initial position. It's hard to give you an answer without more information about your problem or your workflow, because this error can appear for a number of reasons. Some common ones:

I've run into this quite often if I have locked coordinates (i.e., I've locked the subtalar joint) and I still retain those within the CMC task set. You can go into the task set either through the GUI and switch the ones pertaining to the locked coordinates to "Disabled" or you can do it manually through editing the task .xml file through a program like Notepad++.
Does the model have strong enough muscles to complete the motion? Did you apply reserve actuators to this problem? It could also be that the model cannot generate the force necessary to create the motion in question if you didn't.
Did you run RRA before doing this CMC step? Some dynamic inconsistencies may make it so the model cannot generate the necessary accelerations.
Did you check that the ground reaction forces were applied appropriately?

Those are some initial things to check off the top of my head, but as I said above, it's a little hard to tease out what the exact problem is without knowing a little more information.

Hope this helps.

Abdulbaset Benwali

Re: CMC optimization Failed

Post by Abdulbaset Benwali » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:23 am

Hello Mr. Syrett,
First, I would like to thank you for the feed back. However, I have created the .mot file from using IK after that I locked all segments in notepad++ I left only the right knee unlocked to run static optimization, RRA and CMC. I notice that when I ran the RRA and CMC I find the right knee is moving without stop. Note that when I ran IK I have right knee locked. After that I unlock the right knee to run the SO,RRA, and CMC. If you any recommendation how to keep the right knee fixed not moving during the simulation. Thanks a lot.