Unable to load motions into models

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Raghavi Chendhil

Unable to load motions into models

Post by Raghavi Chendhil » Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:38 am

Hello! A newbie to OpenSIM here. I've been trying to get models to perform some motions as an initial stepping stone in this software, but unfortunately, there's always an error that says "Motion cannot be loaded for this model" whenever I try to sync motions to models. I find that particularly strange because I have been using the open-source models and motion files available on this website. Could anyone please aid me in this predicament I'm facing? Thanks!

Tags:

Ayman Habib

Re: Unable to load motions into models

Post by Ayman Habib » Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:27 am

Hello Raghavi,

Let me explain why you may get such a message. Motion files are basically csv like text files that contain trajectories of model coordinates over time. If you try to load a motion to a model that doesn't have these coordinates (based on name matching of the file header) then you'll get this error message. Some other files (with same extension .sto/.mot) may not have coordinate values altogether (e.g. muscle activations or Ground Reactions) and these also can't be loaded to a model but are rather used to pass data/results around, so I'd suggest you follow the tutorials to get started and to find models/motions that work together e.g.
https://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu/d ... l+Modeling

Hope this helps,
-Ayman