Coordinate Actuator Controls

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Shivangi Giri

Coordinate Actuator Controls

Post by Shivangi Giri » Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:50 am

Hi,
I am using the Rajagopal model in a Python script and want to simulate walking. I have static optimization modelled for the muscles, however for pelvis and lumbar coordinates I need to have reserve actuators. So I have included coordinate actuators. Now I do not know what controls to provide to them coordinate actuators per time step of the simulation. pelvis has 3 translational and 3 rotational coordinate actuators and lumbar has 3 rotational coordinate actuators. For the rotational coordinate actuators I have assigned them instantaneous torque values I get from the Inverse Dynamics for pelvis_tilt, pelvis_list,pelvis_rotation, lumbar_extension, lumbar_bending and lumbar_rotation but for the pelvis translational actuators I am not sure which controls to provide. Please suggest.
Below is the code snipped implementing the same. 'brain' is a prescribed controller and all tau values are instantaneous.
for (one gait cycle duration)
brain.prescribeControlForActuator('pelvis_tilt', osim.Constant(pt_tau));
brain.prescribeControlForActuator('pelvis_list', osim.Constant(pl_tau));
brain.prescribeControlForActuator('pelvis_rot', osim.Constant(pr_tau));
brain.prescribeControlForActuator('pelvis_tx', osim.Constant(px_tau));
brain.prescribeControlForActuator('pelvis_ty', osim.Constant(py_tau));
brain.prescribeControlForActuator('pelvis_tz', osim.Constant(pz_tau))
brain.prescribeControlForActuator('lumbar_ext', osim.Constant(le_tau))
brain.prescribeControlForActuator('lumbar_bend', osim.Constant(lb_tau))
brain.prescribeControlForActuator('lumbar_rot', osim.Constant(lr_tau))

Also could anyone let me know if for the rotational coordinate actuators I can assign the torque values directly or do I need to make some conversion in between, as in using some control signal in the range of 0 to 1?

Any help is deeply appreciated.

Regards,
Shivangi

Tags: