Installation Problems (Open Sim 4.4)

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Celine Honekamp

Installation Problems (Open Sim 4.4)

Post by Celine Honekamp » Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:33 am

Hello everyone,

I am just trying to install and setup up my OpenSim (4.4) for Matlab (2023b).
I used the download link from [https://simtk.org/frs/index.php?group_id=91]
And I am following this: [https://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu:8 ... ith+Matlab] for the setup process.

The installation (first link) works without problems. When I try to follow the setup instructions, I run into the following problem:
1. I do not seem to have any "OpenSim Matlab Scripts directory" as mentioned in step 2.
2. I do not have the script "configureOpenSim.m" from step 3 - I searched through my whole PC.

I do not understand, how I am supposed to set up OpenSim without those steps since I was not able to find any other instructions anywhere.

I would be very grateful about support on this!

With best regards
Celine

Tags:

Ayman Habib

Re: Installation Problems (Open Sim 4.4)

Post by Ayman Habib » Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:00 pm

Hello,

The instruction page refers to folder " C:/Users/<username>/Documents/OpenSim/4.0/Code/Matlab", however there're some variations depending on your installation:
1. 4.0 likely will change to 4.x dependent on the version installed.
2. Your admin (if not your personal computer) can install the resources (Models, Code) into a different folder.

You can however force reinstallation of these models and code by typing installResources() at the prompt of the scripting shell and selecting a folder of your choosing.

Hope this helps,
-Ayman

Claudia Fernanda Flores

Re: Installation Problems (Open Sim 4.4)

Post by Claudia Fernanda Flores » Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:04 pm

I was having the same issue with OpenSim 4.5

But installResources() fixed it. Thank you Ayman Habib