Failed to track kinematics

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Ruoli Wang

Failed to track kinematics

Post by Ruoli Wang » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:54 am

Hi,

I got problmes to track kinematics in CMC at almost end of the my simulation (normal walking speed gait, from right limb single-stance to slightly before right foot heel strike). I can run CMC completely with some warnings about small range of force. The warning almost start from the same time as the failing to track left knee kinematics. The left knee looks stuck in its single-stance, did not drop forward to allow heel lift. I have checked the rra_kinematics_q.sto which is almost identical to _ik.sto. I also tried few other initial times, no help. I got idea from previous treads that we can change kv and kp to have better kinematics tracking, but doubt to do that, since everything looks pretty good in 90% of the simulation, where the right corresponding phase has no such problem. I have another observation, but not sure if it is related. The left knee angle in ik has very trival changes during the problematic phase, which is almost flat in the plot(not sure it is because the poor Ik or subject's). Anyone has idea will it be the problem? Or How should I fix it?

Thank you in advance!