Joint Reaction tool with force file

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Mohammadreza Rezaie

Joint Reaction tool with force file

Post by Mohammadreza Rezaie » Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:46 pm

Dear experts,

I have a question about joint reaction analysis with force file in Analyze tool. Does this method require muscle fiber force or fiber force along tendon? I think the second one should be the case.

I followed Joint Reactions Analysis docs and its webinar and saw that the static optimization force output was explicitly used as an input to calculate joints contact force. So, does this force file contain muscles fiber force along tendon?

Thank you,
-Mohammadreza

Tags:

Carmichael Ong

Re: Joint Reaction tool with force file

Post by Carmichael Ong » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:02 pm

Since kinematics are also prescribed, it should be possible to calculate the force along the tendon from the fiber force. My guess is that it's likely that this is occurring under the hood.

Mohammadreza Rezaie

Re: Joint Reaction tool with force file

Post by Mohammadreza Rezaie » Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:01 am

Thanks for your clarification. It's good to know how tools are working. I wonder if you could provide such information on your confluence docs; because users may use Joint Reaction tool with a force file generated by other OpenSim tools or workflows (e.g., custom static optimization practice). Thank you.