OpenSim Scale Issue

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Suvitti Suvitti

OpenSim Scale Issue

Post by Suvitti Suvitti » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:52 am

Screenshot (63).png
Screenshot (63).png (253.59 KiB) Viewed 509 times
I need to scale my data on a Full Body Model. I found this Adjusted ULB Model which works on OpenSim 3.3 version.

When I try to scale the model on my laptop (Windows 64 bit), the scaling doesn't happen well (screenshot attached).
Screenshot (64).png
Screenshot (64).png (391.44 KiB) Viewed 509 times
Screenshot (65).png
Screenshot (65).png (447 KiB) Viewed 509 times
But when I scale the same data on the same model on a Desktop (Windows 64-bit), the scaling seem to be fine but the model appears distorted once the RRA is done. I'm unable to figure out what the problem must be.

Tags:

Ayman Habib

Re: OpenSim Scale Issue

Post by Ayman Habib » Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:36 pm

Hello,

My recollection is that this was an issue with visualization rather than scaling due to the fact that the model uses custom geometry/mesh files that the scaled model can't find. If you save the scaled model in the same folder as the original/pre-scale model and reopen it, it will display correctly. I remember this issue was fixed in the 4.0 code base so the problem should be fixed in the latest 4.4+ distributions. Please let us know otherwise.

Best regards,
-Ayman

Suvitti Suvitti

Re: OpenSim Scale Issue

Post by Suvitti Suvitti » Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:29 am

Hi Ayman,

Thankyou so much. The suggestion worked like a magic.

Regards
Suvitti