Opensim with Python on Linux

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Samane Amini

Opensim with Python on Linux

Post by Samane Amini » Wed May 29, 2024 12:01 am

Dear all

I want to script python with OpenSim on Linux. Actually, when I install OpenSim on Linux (opensim-0.9.2.2.tar.gz), there isn't any Python library in install directory of OpenSim. How can I configurate opensim and python on Linux?

Best regards

Samane Amini

Re: Opensim with Python on Linux

Post by Samane Amini » Wed Jun 12, 2024 12:18 am

Thanks Mohammadreza

Actually, since I want to install openism on Linux x86, there is no anaconda packages for this version of Linux. So do you know how to install opensim with python on linux without anaconda? Could you tell me by what installation file of opensim (containing python) I can do it?

Best

Mohammadreza Rezaie

Post by Mohammadreza Rezaie » Wed Jun 12, 2024 12:59 am

Hi, I have seen in many posts that only x64 architectures are supported.
I'm not expert, have you tried building the opensim-core from source? Here is the link to the instruction: https://github.com/opensim-org/opensim- ... ions#linux
(some adjustments may be required to account for your system specification).
Hope this helps.

Samane Amini

Post by Samane Amini » Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:55 am

Hi Mohammadreza

Thanks so much for your useful commends.

Actually, I installed Linux 64 bit on Raspberry pi 4 (model B), then I want to install anaconda on it. Since the architecture of my Raspberry is AArch64,I use this installation file:

Anaconda3-2023.09-0-Linux-aarch64.sh

but I received the 'illegal instruction' error. If I use the older version of anaconda, the following error is happen to me:

PackageNotFoundError: the following packages are not available from current channels:
OpenSim

I have done the same way by miniconda and mini-forge as well. But the same error I got and I can't install opensim by these installation files.

Could you give me some guid on which anaconda file include opensim that compatible with AArch64?

Best regards