Inverse Dynamics tool from the command line

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Casey Myers

Inverse Dynamics tool from the command line

Post by Casey Myers » Thu May 26, 2011 7:28 pm

Hello all,

I have been trying to run the inverse dynamics tool from the command line and keep getting the same error. 'Object ERR- Could not open file subject01_Setup_Inverse_Dynamics.xml. It may not exist or you don't have permission to read it.'
I don't believe that it is either of those situations so I was wondering if anyone had an idea what might be going on. I believe I have the path and directory set correctly and have been using 'analyze -S subject01_Setup_Inverse_Dynamics.xml' Also, any other tips regarding running tools from the command line would be appreciated. Thanks a lot,

Casey

Matthias Kunze

RE: Inverse Dynamics tool from the command line

Post by Matthias Kunze » Mon May 30, 2011 1:21 am

Hey Casey,

I also want to run inverse dynamics from commandline, but I think there's no "C:\OpenSim2.2\bin\id.exe" to directly run the tool. And so no way to execute it from commandline. I'm I right?

I use the same code you did and get the same error...

Maybe anybody could help us?

Regards,

Matthias

Yi Wang

RE: Inverse Dynamics tool from the command line

Post by Yi Wang » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:35 pm

Hi Casey and Matthias,

First thing came to me is that whether you guys could run any other dos command? Such like IK or SCALE?

If you could, which means the PATH for your ID.EXE was wrong; but if you could not run any other commands, please check the PATH at dos command mode. Making sure that the "bin" directory appears at the front of the shared path.

Yi Wang
University of Utah