set and export parameters of the plot tool

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
fausto panizzolo

set and export parameters of the plot tool

Post by fausto panizzolo » Sun May 01, 2011 2:36 am

Hi,

I would need of an explanation about the plotting tool.
1)If I plot a curve (i.e. Moment vs joint angle) can I also set the other coordinates of the model?
For example if I am interested in the Moments of plantaflexors on joint angle can the model takes in account also different positions for the knee?
2)I would like to have access to the points that the Opensim uses to create the curves not right clicking on the graph and saving and external file but finding them on the .osim file. Are they somewhere in there?

Thanks
Cheers
Fausto

Ayman Habib

RE: set and export parameters of the plot tool

Post by Ayman Habib » Mon May 02, 2011 10:20 am

Hi Fausto,

1) You can make the plot against arbitrary motion (instead of a generalized coordinate) and this will allow you to modify multiple coordinates.
2) The values on the plot are not stored with the model, instead they're computed on the fly from the muscle properties, muscle attachment points etc. specified in the model. Different configurations/settings lead to different plots so exporting the data is probably the best you can do. What do you want this data for?

Best regards,
-Ayman

fausto panizzolo

Post by fausto panizzolo » Tue May 03, 2011 2:52 am

Thanks Ayman.
Because I am trying to run as much as I can through Matlab I was wondering if I could avoid to use the plot and so extracting the data maybe directly from the model file.
Regards
Fausto

Ayman Habib

Post by Ayman Habib » Wed May 04, 2011 9:19 am

Hi Fausto,

Although the data is not in the model file, it can be computed from running the analyze executable with a setup file that contains MuscleAnalysis from the command line (that's what the plotter does under the covers anyway) as such you don't have to run through the GUI/plotter to create these curves.

Please let me know if you'd like to proceed in this direction and you need help.

Best regards,
-Ayman