RRA and CMC

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Kathleen Reilly

RE: RRA and CMC

Post by Kathleen Reilly » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:35 am

When I try adjusting actuators for CMC, I get the following:

Storage.integrate: ERROR- aI1 >= aI2.

What is the aI1 and aI2 referring to?
Thanks!

Pablo Ortega

Post by Pablo Ortega » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:46 am

it would be a good possibility have a marker trakingtask in RRA, im having the same trouble as Kathleen. and looking at the force and trc files i found that is a problem in the synch that im actually trying to fix..

Saludos
Pablo

Kathleen Reilly

Post by Kathleen Reilly » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:47 pm

Even after significantly (up to 8x) increasing the reserve actuators, I can't get CMC to run beyond 25%. Has anyone else solved this problem, and if so, how? Thanks!

Anthony Kulas

Post by Anthony Kulas » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:13 am

Hello Group,
Sam thanks for the pointers on increasing helping get the RRA to run. I have run RRA on squatting data and everything looks good without even increasing the RRA_actuators. For landing though, I have increased all the RRA actuators as suggested. The resultant RRA_states file runs very well matching the initial kinematic solution from about 100ms prior to ground contact until the point of maximum vertical GRF. Once the maximum GRF has occurred, the RRA_states model literally floats upward for the rest of the trial. The gencoords for the ankle, knee, and hip are identical throughout the entire trial. The RRA recommends that the mass model properties be adjusted quite a bit. This does help with the model floatation but the model now is now 380 lbs vs. the actual 195! So this does not seem to be an appropriate solution. It seems to me that there is something going on with the ground_pelvis joint because the model floats upward while the lower extremity kinematics are all good. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Tony

Kathleen Reilly

Post by Kathleen Reilly » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:50 pm

So what do you suggest when RRA1 and RRA2 look good, and CMC won't run, and you've made your reserve actuators ridiculously large already? If increasing reserve actuators doesn't work, and CMC still shuts down OpenSim unexpectedly, what next?? Thanks!!

Pablo Ortega

Post by Pablo Ortega » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:07 am

Hi Everyone;

Recently we arrange to synch the setup, and im still havin a little problem, the program crash at heel contact with the force plate, im able to run the rra anc cmc tools from 0.5 after the heel strike, anyone having this problem???
i look over the files and the values seems ok, and in the visualization of the force look good to...
Help?? i can send the files if anyone can take a look please.

Thanks for the great work your doing.

Saludos
Pablo

Nicolas Schwenck

Post by Nicolas Schwenck » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:43 am

I have a similar (maybe the same) problem. I tried to start a simulation with the gait2354 example files and simply increased the simulation time from 0 to 15s (so that all data is used). Everything works fine until CMC. I can not run the CMC module for those time periods in which two grf occur, i.e. CMC works fine from 0 to 0.5s and from 0.8 to 1.2 etc.

Has anyone solved this problem?

J.J. Mordang

Post by J.J. Mordang » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:32 am

Hi all,

I wanted to do a RRA simulation on a self-made model. The .xml files that I use are partially based on the example Gait2392_Simbody but I changed the joints to the joints used in my own model. But when I run the simulation I get a pop-up screen with "tool execution failed or canceled by user. Output files were not written" on it. I really don't know what's wrong in the files and the setup itself.

I tried several things, the grf.mot is synchronised with the model and I tried make the time sorter (0.1 sec) or make the optimal forces bigger. But nothing helps.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you very much for your help and time,

Kind regards,

Jan-Jurre

Rebecca Routson

Post by Rebecca Routson » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:31 am

JJ,

The 1st thing that I would try is making sure that you are only running RRA during the times when you have forces applied to your model. The best way to do this is to check your residual forces in ID, but if you didn't run ID you can look in your .mot file.
Usually changing the start and stop times helps my code execute.
Hope that helps.

Becca

J.J. Mordang

Post by J.J. Mordang » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:15 am

Hi Becca,

Thank you for your response.
I looked into the .mot file and ran the RRA simulation over a period when forces are applied to the model. However, the RRA still won't start. When I look at the message panel i get the following error:

Exception:
InverseDynamics: ERROR- mass matrix is singular

What does that mean?

Kind regards,

Jan-Jurre