Visualization Tool - Error

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Günter Schneider

Visualization Tool - Error

Post by Günter Schneider » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:13 am

Hi!

I´ve got troubles with testing the Visualization Tool 2.0.

When I select the Setup_Visualization.xml file in the Visualization Tool Windows I only get the following error message:

"A java.lang.NoSuchMethodError exception has occurred.
Click Show Details or see the messages.log file located in your C:\Documents and Settings\Student\Application Data\.opensim\2.4_00\var\log folder."

The lines of this log-file are attached. (or here:
log-file_VisualizationTool.txt
(10.62 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
)
Does anybody know what I have to do?

Thx for everything and kind regards

Günter

Nicolas Pronost

Re: Visualization Tool - Error

Post by Nicolas Pronost » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:28 am

Hi Gunter,

The toolbox has been created quite a while ago when the current version of OpenSim was 2.2.1. Apparently you are using OpenSim 2.4.0 and it seems that the function getMeshesForBody of the SingleModelVisuals java class (gui) does not exist anymore in that version.

2 solutions:
(1) you have the source code of OpenSim, then you can add the following function in the SingleModelVisuals java class (but then it is probable that it will not be the only change to do):
public List<vtkActor> getMeshesForBody(String bodyName) {return bodyToActors.get(bodyName);}
(2) you don't have (or you don't want to have) the source, then you can revert to a previous version of OpenSim that has the functionality. I know that OpenSim 2.2.1 has it (and probably some later ones as well).

Good luck.
Nicolas.

Günter Schneider

Re: Visualization Tool - Error

Post by Günter Schneider » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:34 am

Hi Nicolas,

thanks a lot for your answer. I thought, that it might be the problem of the OpenSim Version. Maybe I can fix it! --> I can´t

I do not have any knowledge of java so maybe con you tell me what file I need to edit?

I tried version 2.2.1 but after installation i get errors when I load the model of the vizualitation examples!?!?

THX alot one more time!!!

Günter