Opensim 3.0 problem...

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Andrea Morelli

Opensim 3.0 problem...

Post by Andrea Morelli » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:11 am

Good Morning to all.
I've downloaded latest build but trying to repeat some past analysis I jump into trouble.
Starting from the scaling (working on gait2392 model) the scaled model lost all bones and show only markers and muscle.
I'm on Windows Vista. There's any know bug or I'm doing something wrong ?

Thank you
Andrea

Ayman Habib

Re: Opensim 3.0 problem...

Post by Ayman Habib » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:46 am

Hi Andrea,

On a fresh machine that never had OpenSim installed, this should not happen as the new installer sets the "Geometry Path" used to locate geometry files to the absolute path of the Geometry directory under the new install (e.g. C:/OpenSim3.0/Geometry). On machines that had earlier installations of OpenSim you may need to update the directory used to locate the geometry, manually, using
Edit->Preferences->Geometry Path and append the folder (installdir/Geometry) to the Geometry Path value.

A note about this is included in the upgrade notes here
http://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu:80 ... penSim+3.0

We decided not to overwrite the old "persistent" value of Geometry Path so that if users have customized it to their needs in earlier installations, their changes would not be lost.

Please let us know if that works for you, and thanks for reporting.

Best regards,
-Ayman

Andrea Morelli

Re: Opensim 3.0 problem...

Post by Andrea Morelli » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:20 am

eh eh... yes.. at the end a silly question...
Thank you a lot.
I've read the upgrades notes... but naturally not understand it :oops:
Andrea