HELP- TROUBLESHOOTING

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Simon Augustus

HELP- TROUBLESHOOTING

Post by Simon Augustus » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:50 am

Hi all,

I am a new user to OpenSim and have downloaded the software which was working fine for a week, now whenever I open the software on my laptop the following error is displayed

'required library failed to load.check that the dynamic library osimJavaNI is in your PATH.
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Opensim3.1\bin\osimJavaJNI.dll: Can't find dependent libraries'

I have tried reinstalling but this has not helped.

Any suggestions/ advice would be greatly appreciated, or to be pointed in the right direction!

Thanks

Simon Augustus

Ayman Habib

Re: HELP- TROUBLESHOOTING

Post by Ayman Habib » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:34 pm

Hi Simon,

The only explanation I have is that you installed/uninstalled another application and that affected the Microsoft runtime available on your machine. If you run the executable vcredist_*.exe (* is either 86 or 64) under the install-directory/bin of OpenSim then the runtime is installed again and you should be good to go.

The only persistent pieces that stay on the machine that could cause problems (since I'm assuming the fresh install didn't work for you) are:
1- A file with the name AppState.xml under the installation folder that the application uses to remember some info from latest session/models. You can find such file and remove it.
2- The folder C:\Documents and Settings\$USER\Application Data\.opensim\$Version used to keep persistent info about modules, open windows etc. You can safely remove it and the application will create a fresh one as needed.

If you remove 1, 2 then your machine should be practically the same as before your first install and you're very unlikely to see problems with a new install.

Hope this helps,
-Ayman

Simon Augustus

Re: HELP- TROUBLESHOOTING

Post by Simon Augustus » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:10 pm

Ayman,

Great advice! The first option seems to have cleared up the issue!

Thanks very much for your assistance!

Simon