CMC tool: error-Array index out of bounds

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Nithin Kurup

CMC tool: error-Array index out of bounds

Post by Nithin Kurup » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:51 pm

Hi everyone,

I am trying to run the CMC tool for my hand model, but I keep on getting this error. I am quite new to programming so any help would be appreciated.

Exception:
ArrayPtrs.get: Array index out of bounds.
Exception:
ArrayPtrs.get: Array index out of bounds.

Using IPOPT optimizer algorithm.
Setting optimizer print level to 0.
Setting optimizer convergence tolerance to 0.0001.
Setting optimizer maximum iterations to 1000.
Setting cmc controller to not use verbose printing.

After this message opensim crashes.

thanks nithin

Ayman Habib

Re: CMC tool: error-Array index out of bounds

Post by Ayman Habib » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:06 pm

Hi Nithin,

Though it's a little hard to guess where the message is coming from with many files involved, it seems to suggest that in your setup or other xml files you reference a body, or coordinate that doesn't exist, which leads to some uninitialized index and the exception/error downstream. If these files are hand-written (rather than created by the GUI) I'd check for typos. Also if the files come from a different example/setup I'd go over the list of bodies/coordinates/... and make sure that the names referred to in these files actually exist in your model.

Hope this helps,
-Ayman

Nithin Kurup

Re: CMC tool: error-Array index out of bounds

Post by Nithin Kurup » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:25 am

Dear Mr.Ayman

Thanks a lot for your quick reply. Yes, I have used hand made setup files- task file and actuator reserve force files based on the arm26 model. Where I had included my coordinates. I had included the names of the 7 DOF coordinates and also the couple constraint coordinates in both the files, Dont know if its right.
Also, I have included the <coordinate actuator >part in the main .osim file in the ForceSet section, as I read in the one of the forum comments to make the model stronger.

Some of the errors mentioned during the execution of CMC were,

taskSet size = 14 ;numStates = 94
numCoordinates = 14;numSpeeds = 14
numActuators = 47;numBodies = 8
numConstraints = 7;numProbes = 0

1. CMC::Warning: CMC cannot compute controls for muscles with muscle controls < 0.02.
The minimum control limit for muscle 'DELT1' has been reset to 0.02. ( I use the thelen 2003 muscle model)
2. WARN- a desired points file was not specified.
3. Exception: ArrayPtrs.get: Array index out of bounds.

I will check if i had named or made an error in the coordinates i have specified in the setup file.

thanks again for your time,

Nithin