Display prescribed forces

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
krishna raj

Re: Display prescribed forces

Post by krishna raj » Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:07 am

Hi

am new to opensim, stuck on the load part.

I have a force file in single column value in newtons ,how can i transform the single value to x,y,z axis values for open sim, and i have to apply that force in the skull body part ,the osim is a half body (hyoid model)

what parameters should i provide in the point forces(x,y,z),and body forces(x,y,z)

and ground forces are required or not.

in the excel i have filled the point force x,y,z from (x axis* value in Newtons),(y axis * value in newtons),(z axis * value in newtons)- is it the right way or not.

the location of force -(green arrow ) not visible

any one ,plz suggest.

regards
krishnaraj gr
excel.png
excel.png (24.89 KiB) Viewed 261 times

Tags:

krishna raj

Re: Display prescribed forces

Post by krishna raj » Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:35 am

cdsasportes wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:30 am
Thanks for your response ! I tested the application of the force and indeed it works as expected !
hi can we tell how you solved it,

my case:

I have the .mot file ,magnitude of point force (vx,vy,vz) alone ,not having the point position (px,py,pz)
in that case i tried the marker (x,y,z) position as (px,py,pz)

marker1 name:LCAG

i need point trajectory data- LCAGx,LCAGy,LCAGz(ground frame) for the complete motion.

in the attached picture -head is moving forward ,the pressure point is not following the markers.

i have tired the point kinematics also locating my markers ,but result marker point is not exactly matching the location.

if any other way please suggest

regards
krishnaraj gr
Attachments
pos point nt following markeers.png
pos point nt following markeers.png (45.27 KiB) Viewed 218 times