jump simulation with opensim 2.2.0

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Eric Greska

RE: jump simulation with opensim 2.2.0

Post by Eric Greska » Tue May 24, 2011 2:38 pm

Bruno,

The collapse is the lack of the muscles to attenuate the forces created at impact. Keep gradually increasing the muscle forces until your model stays intact. My advice is to start a new subject folder with all of the required files (CMC, RRA, IK, etc...) each time you adjust the model. This lets you keep track of each alteration and the outcome each time you run a model through.

Keep it up and let us know if you still have problems within the RRA.

Thanks

Eric

Bruno Zaffaina

Post by Bruno Zaffaina » Wed May 25, 2011 1:28 am

ok, but I don't know which muscles I have to increase... Now I'm trying to increase max isometric force of muscles, that are near (or upper) the value of 1 for activation in StaticOpt (where give me the warnings)...
I hope that this approach is correct!!1

Eric Greska

Post by Eric Greska » Wed May 25, 2011 8:37 am

I am not sure how you would accomplish the force increases in the static optimization step, but I would recommend making the increases within the RRA actuators and control constrants files (chapters 19 and 20), or within the model with either the muscle editor (chapter 9) or directly in the .osim file via a .xml editor. I know that there is a tool within Tim Dorn's page on this site that allows you to work on the model parameters within MatLab as well. Editing the actuator files would be my recommendation, but be sure to read chapter 19 to have an understanding of how the values interact.

Eric

Bruno Zaffaina

Post by Bruno Zaffaina » Wed May 25, 2011 12:15 pm

Sorry but I'm not able to do RRA and then CMC... I don't know what to do... :(

Bruno Zaffaina

Post by Bruno Zaffaina » Mon May 30, 2011 2:48 am

Hi Eric, can you send to me an example of your drop-simulation with all files from Scaling to CMC?
bruno.zaffaina@gmail.com

Because I don't know what to do now...
I don't know how to set RRA files (I use xml-editor): which optimal forces and controls introduce in these file...