MATLAB Scripting: Inverse Kinematics Marker Error & RMS

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Dimitar Stanev

Re: MATLAB Scripting: Inverse Kinematics Marker Error & RMS

Post by Dimitar Stanev » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:29 pm

The plugin is if you want to extend the GUI functionality (there are some examples for making your own plugins). In your case you can look how I computed the marker positions and construct something similar in Matlab by calling the appropriate functions, during your simulation.

Samuel Hybois

Post by Samuel Hybois » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:34 am

Thanks for your help Dimitar.

I found another solution, which is to include the <report_marker_locations>true</report_marker_locations> line in the setup XML file for inverse kinematics. I did not have the good syntax earlier (I just tried <include_markers>) so it did not work.

Samuel Hybois

Post by Samuel Hybois » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:43 am

In fact my problem is not 100% solved :/
Because when I enable the <report_marker_locations> in the xml setup file, I get the "ik_model_marker_locations.sto" output file only when I launch the IK computation from the GUI, but not when I run it through the Matlab command line (with the exact same xml setup file). Is it common that such things occur between GUI and Matlab ?

Tran Ha

Post by Tran Ha » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:21 am

The model path is not correct.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Learn Vietnamese online( free for all simtk's members ):
Lession 1: nho ninh thuận