No "Preview static pose" in version 3.3

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
David John Saxby

Re: No "Preview static pose" in version 3.3

Post by David John Saxby » Tue May 29, 2018 3:53 pm

Hi All,

Well, it has been a while. In the above posts, I side-stepped the issue by using the API and the SimBody visualizer. Good short-term solution.

But I've come back to the issue, and I solved my problem. I had multiple versions of OpenSim running, including versions build from source from the github downloads. So to resolve these issues, I have use a .bat file to run OpenSim GUI, see below.

It looks like this (note change paths for your own machine and install locations).

set "OPENSIM_HOME=D:\OpenSim-3.3"
#set "OPENSIM_HOME=D:\opensim-core-tgcs2017-win64\opensim-core-tgcs2017-win64"
echo set "OPENSIM_HOME=D:\OpenSim-3.3"
set "PATH=%OPENSIM_HOME%\bin;%PATH%"
D:\OpenSim-3.3\bin\opensim64.exe

The commented out path was the build from source. When I was using this, for some reason I could not preview experimental data, even with the top level directory in path variable. When I switched to the present version which was installed using the executable, preview experimental data functions.

Only remaining weirdness, when I Open a model such as 2392 as an example, I get a pop-up window with a VTK error, "In C:Repos\VTK5.10.1\IO\vtk\PNGReader.cxx, line 44, unable to open file "my file name and path".

Hope that helps people.